TENNESSEE CENTRAL ECONOMIC AUTHORITY (TCEA) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
Aug 4 2023
TENNESSEE CENTRAL ECONOMIC AUTHORITY (TCEA)
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
DREDGING & FLEETING PERMIT APPLICATION
FOR TCEA TERMINAL
The Tennessee Central Economic Authority (TCEA) is seeking to hire an experienced firm to apply for
all necessary permits required to dredge within the Cumberland River southeast of Hartsville, Tennessee,
proximate to the river terminal at the PowerCom Industrial Park. Respondents are required to submit two
(2) copies and one (1) compact disc (or flash drive) of their qualifications statements by no later than
Monday, August 28th at 2:00 p.m. in the Office of the Tennessee Central Economic Authority (TCEA),
702 McMurry Blvd., Hartsville, TN 37074. Late submittals will be rejected. All submittals should be
labeled with RFQ number and title.
The complete RFQ package may be obtained on the TCEA website at www.tennesseecentral.org
or by contacting email@example.com.
Ownership of Documents – All qualification statements submitted in response to this Request for
Qualifications (RFQ) are to be the sole property of TCEA.
TCEA reserves the right to reject any or all proposals; or to waive defects in same, if it deems such to be
in the best interest of TCEA. TCEA is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
II. SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Tennessee Central Economic Authority (TCEA) is seeking a qualified firm to make
application for the required permitting to dredge the existing dock area at the PowerCom
Industrial Center and allow fleeting in proximity to the terminal. The river terminal is located on
the Cumberland River at approximately River Mile 284.1 on the Right Descending Bank (RM
284.1 RDB), southeast of Hartsville, TN.
In general, the work expected by TCEA shall include, but not be limited to the following:
• Consultation with TCEA to confirm the scope and related requirements of the project.
• Conduct appropriate field studies, preliminary engineering, and environmental reviews.
• Apply to the Agencies Having Jurisdiction (AHJs) for permits required to dredge the river
terminal and create a barge fleeting area suitable for at least 6 barges.
• The selected firm will be qualified to provide all services necessary to make application to
1. A mussel survey of the project was undertaken in May of 2023. The results of that
work are pending.
2. TCEA does not have any current hydrographic/bathymetric data for the project area.
III. SUBMISSION OF QUALIFICATIONS STATEMENT
A. QUALIFICATIONS STATEMENT
The qualification statement shall be organized in the following format and include the following
information (missing or incomplete information may be grounds for disqualification):
1. Letter of Interest from authorized company contact person
2. Company Information - The company shall provide a brief summary of their firm,
including the following information:
• Name of company and parent company, if any.
• Name of company primary areas of service.
• Address of principal office and the office which will provide the services
• Name, address, and telephone number of the principal contact person to receive
• Date established
• Legal form of ownership. If a corporation, where incorporated.
• Years engaged in above services under your present name.
3. References - List no less than three (3) client references (preferably Tennessee
clients/government agencies, etc.) for whom services similar to this RFQ are currently or
have previously been provided. TCEA reserves the right to contact the references.
4. Default - Have you ever defaulted on a contract? If so, where and why?
5. Litigation - Describe any relevant pending litigation in which your firm may be involved.
6. Relevant Experience - Provide descriptions of at least three relevant projects in Tennessee,
completed in the last five years, for which the firm has provided similar services. The
description of each project should include pertinent information such as the project type, size,
and scope of work performed and any pertinent features.
7. Team Format – Please provide details on any services that will not be provided in house. If
Consultants are to be proposed for use in response to this RFQ, please provide names of any
and all consultants; named consultants may not be changed without prior notice and approval
of substitution. Provide details on any prior work with the named consultant(s).
8. Experience of Key Personnel - Provide a list of the key personnel to be assigned to this
project (including consultants, if applicable) and a brief description of the work they will
perform. The location of the office to be used by key personnel listed shall be indicated.
Resumes of the key personnel (including consultants) who will be directly involved in the
project shall be included and be specific to the type of project and include at a minimum:
• Current job title, responsibilities, and type of work performed, and time at current firm
• Educational and professional credentials.
• Experience on projects similar to that described in this RFQ.
1. The entire document in response to this RFQ shall be no longer than 9 pages,
inclusive of all items above.
IV. METHOD OF SELECTION/CRITERIA FOR AWARD
The firms will be evaluated on their qualifications by TCEA using the following
1. Technical qualifications.
2. Relevant experience of key personnel.
3. Experience in working with the State of Tennessee Department of Environment and
Conservation (TDEC) and the Nashville District of the US Army Corp. of Engineers
4. Proximity and availability of firm and key personnel to the project site and AHJs.
TCEA staff will recommend to the Board of Directors the selection of the most qualified firm, based
on the above criteria. Upon notification of selection by TCEA, the firm will enter into negotiations
of a specific scope of work and a contract.
V. TENTATIVE TIMELINE OF THE RFQ/RFP PROCESS
The following is a tentative timeline:
RFQ Response Due: August 28, 2023, 2:00 p.m.
TCEA review and optional interviews
of firms: August 31, 2023
Award and notice to all firms: September 6, 2023
(subject to successful contract negotiation)
All inquiries relative to the scope of services listed herein as well as clarification of any information
contained in the RFQ must be made in writing on or before noon on Friday, Aug 18, 2023, to
Charly Lyons, President, c/o Tennessee Central Economic Authority (TCEA),
firstname.lastname@example.org. Addenda will be issued as necessary and posted on the TCEA website.
The website should be monitored by respondents.