Mar 2 2020
DID YOU KNOW? Apprenticeships have a great "Return on Investment" for companies with programs. It is estimated a company's ROI is $1.46 for every $1 invested. Also, most companies see a 94 percent retention rate after an apprentice completes its program.
One of the biggest challenges Tennessee employers face is bridging the skilled labor gap that hinders a company’s efforts to expand, innovate and thrive. Registered apprenticeship is a tried and proven method to overcoming this obstacle.
To help foster a better understanding of the benefits of apprenticeships, Tennessee has established an Office of Apprenticeships, with three regional directors to serve the state. These apprenticeship experts work directly with employers, communities, associations, and organizations to develop and implement new programs.
Apprenticeship TN is a statewide initiative powered by the Tennessee Workforce Development System (TWDS) developed to create a greater awareness of apprenticeship opportunities for employers and workers in every area of Tennessee.
At no cost to your organization, an Apprenticeship TN regional director will work with you to:
- Understand the registered apprenticeship training model
- Identify existing models for your occupations of interest
- Connect you with appropriate resources to assist with your program
- Draw up your Standards and Training & Education outline based upon your input
- Submit your registration paperwork to the USDOL for full recognition in the National Registered Apprenticeship System
- Assist you with program updates as your workforce needs evolve
For more information, contact Apprenticeship TN or visit https://www.tn.gov/content/tn/apprenticeshiptn.html.